Yeah - at my current scale, I have absolutely no desire to use anything but PostgreSQL. It has a bunch of neat stuff like full text search and some key-value store capabilities, plus JSON storage is coming (in about a year). Solid as a rock and no licensing problems (except from Oracle pushing them off of previously "donated" SPARC testing hardware.) ;-)

The only downside to PostgreSQL is that they really don't like Ruby or Rails. But they're *very* Python and Perl friendly and the preferred database for Django.
--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://borasky-research.net http://twitter.com/znmeb

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." - Paul Erdos

Quoting Abraham Williams <4bra...@gmail.com>:

They ditched the effort to switch the status store to Cassandra though.
http://engineering.twitter.com/2010/07/cassandra-at-twitter-today.html

Abraham