As I said:
>> Pipelining use would require changing the state machine in ICS component.

The change is to clearly separate the execution of the request from the
state machine so that it can be delegated to a thread.

> If you look at the rfc, the requests are meant to be executed serially.

The responses must be provided in the same sequence as the requests. This
doesn't mean that each request can't be executed by a separate thread. As I
said, responses has to be serialized to be sent in the correct order.