> > >       produces "SMTP component not ready". Can you help me?

As another message already said, you are trying to use an asynchronous
(non-blocking) component as a synchronous component. Either revise you way
of doing thing or use the "sync" version of the component.

It is better to revise your programming model and use the asynchronous
model. That is use the events. Look at MailSnd sample program delivered with
ICS. Look at the code behind "All In One" button which show how to use the
events to chain all operations required to send emails.

Once you had a look at the sample, don't hesitate to ask for more questions.