> Have you ever had a look at the d7indy.hlp? This automatically
> created documentation looks great but is virtually useless.

But it was sufficient for Borland to build Indy into Delphi, and it thus
has far more users than ICS. It is very easy to add extra comments into
the interface section, which are then automatically added to the help
file by decent help generators, like F1 Help which I uses for my RAS
components.

> In order to get just a function and property table it's much easier
> to have a look at the source.

Since all the VCL source is supplied, I guess Borland could skip help
completely.

> Yes, because it is a huge effort to write and maintain a good
> documentation, probably a lifetime job for a single person.

A lot of the documentation already exists, the trouble is it's split
between an old help file, web pages and some wiki thing. It's probably
three months work for someone to build decent help from that, in the ICS
source, developers can then easily keep it up to date as new features
are added.

I've said this several times before over the years, but other people
have 'better' ideas, none of which seem to actually seem to produce
anything.  So the result is people ignoring ICS because of the
difficulty of learning to use it.

Angus