> Just to reiterate, I'm trying to do a recursive download from an
> FTP Server to basically do a full backup.  It works fine most of
> the time, but occasionally the Cwd command fails to change
> directory causing files to be downloaded in the wrong place.

Try using my File Transfer Components that include all the directory
recursion as standard.  You don't have to install the components to test
them, there is an EXE demo that will do it.

http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magxfer.asp

If you have contributed to ICS-SSL you can download the source from the
protected download area.

Angus