Anton Sviridov wrote:

> unconvenient). So I think something is needed to be done to
> differentiate local problems of remote ones. I'd prefer changing 550
> code to some another value unused by FTP servers (maybe even over 600
> to avoid intersections for sure).

> but the ICS policy is NOT BREAK existing code,

Yes, this is the policy, it has pros and cons.

> so maybe some flag like FLocalErrorHappened: Boolean
> will solve the problem?

I haven't looked at the FTP-Client component for a long time.
If a workaround is needed then IMO a field "FLastLocalError" of type
LongWord or Integer could receive a meaningful error code and a method
GetLastLocalError could return and reset the value back to 0?