Hello Francois, hope you liked your trip :)

>Arno's suggestion looks good and wouldn't break any existing code.
Well, we'll have to somehow determine local code errors then. And not forget to
clear the flag. But at least it will provide a way to deal with the problem.

>As far as I remember, you are the first to request the special handling for
>local error codes.
Maybe the reason is that i'm developing a fully automated downloader requiring
no or minimal user action. Of course interactive app could just throw an error
message and let the user find a solution, but I need to distinguish occuring
errors in order to perform appropriate actions.
Or - maybe somebody experienced in FTPCli could advise me how to handle the
case I described in initial message (error with code 550 occured).

--
Anton