Hello all

I believe I have posted the same question some years ago but I can´t remember
and find it

What could cause the following thing:

I have several instances (More than 20) of TWSocket (TCP Client), running all
on the same thread (Secondary thread, not main thread).

Each instance will connect to a different DNS address from dyndns.org

Sometimes, several addresses are offline, or even the internet connection is
not available, when we try to connect it locks up the thread for several
seconds, and consequently all instances will lock up too, maybe something
related to DNS lookup.

This doesn´t happen on all windows installations, there are only some machines
that already happened such thing, currently I´m having this problem with a
machine running Windows 2008 64 bit

So, the DNS lookup can lock until it finds the address? If not, why does it
happen on some windows installation and some not?

Thanks

Eric