-----Original Message-----
From: twsocket-boun...@elists.org [mailto:twsocket-boun...@elists.org] On
Behalf Of Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd
Sent: 22 October 2010 16:47
To: twsocket@elists.org
Subject: Re: [twsocket] ICS FTP Client

> Apart from the first command, under normal circumstances all commands
> loaded to the FTP client are as a result of a previous FTP client
> event being generated. Occasionally I am detecting a "FTP Component
> Not Ready" error.
>
> So the question is: Is there an FTP or some sort of network condition
> that can produce this error message

There is no network condition that can generate this message.  It is
internal FTP client error when a new command is issued for RequestDone has
been called internally for the previous command.

Are you using async or sync FTP commands in your application?  If the
former, you are totally responsible for not calling another command until
the last has finished.  Using sync commands, the error can occur if you run
the FTP client in a thread without using a message pump in the thread, or an
old version of FTP client without a fix I did a month ago.

Angus