Hello,

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 6:31 PM, Arno Garrels <arno.garr...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Fastream Technologies wrote:
> >
> > As you said the below function and the design that is forcing it is
> > not good. Perhaps we should have Addrv6 property which will be null
> > if Addr (v4) is filled and vice versa.
>
> That's not enough, you need the address and port at least.
>
> A clean design was to rewrite the TWSocketServer from scratch
> to support multiple listening sockets natively. However that would
> break a lot of user code and was not accepted by Francois already
> two years ago. Anything else will be more or less a hack IMO.
>
> --
> Arno Garrels

I think we can live with a single-IP-version design per component instance
as long as their events can be shared (compatible). For example, let's say
we can have a IPv4 THttpServer and an IPv6 one with the same events with
just a property difference (IPAddrVersion). Since Addr and Port are string,
there would not be a much change for application programmers (like us).

Regards,

SZ