> Connection from the client to the server will be made by using SSH
> tunnel (port 22) which will make it safe.

ICS does not support SSH.

> I need my client to be able to send the status of itself to the
> server like every 10 minutes which will tell to the server if the
> client is on and okay.
> From my server,
> I need to be able to send messages to the client such as: reboot
> machine, change ip addresses, change screen resolution etc.
> The whole system will be just for monitoring the clients and I
> don't need database at all, that is why I was wondering about the
> database.

Trivial stuff, I did all this with a SQL database several years ago, 500
clients contacting three 'activity' servers updating their status into a
SQL database.  The database stored pending commands for the clients to
reboot, install new software, report temperatures and fan speeds once a
minute (lots of fans failed one summer, causing CPUs to die) and
everything was presented on numerous web pages, with a GUI to send new
commands.

You just design your own ASCII based TCP/IP protocol, simple command
packets terminated with CRLF, send them using TWSocket and receive them
with TSocketServer, this is two commands from the client (CV) and
make logging easy:

TxData: CV121RML-0002|NN130120080707-170202|20080707-170204||||||
RxData: CS010PC08|20080707-160204|0|RML-0002|
TxData: CV331RML-0002|PC13|
RxData: CS330PC08|20080707-080308|119|0|

You can get this working in 30 minutes using Magenta Systems IP Log
Streaming Component from:

http://www.magsys.co.uk/delphi/magics.asp

Designing the actual protocol commands will take longer, and implementing
the client software to change IP addresses is a lot harder, but a lot of
my Delphi components were designed for exactly that, the Internet
Protocol Helper stuff checks IPs, the WMI component changes IPs, the Code
Signing and Trust component check you are installing non-corrupted
software, the SMART and Check Disk components makes sure the client PC
drives are not corrupt, etc, etc.

Angus