(I am using SSL sockets in both sites)

Why you insist in use SSL if the client and server applications are
coded by you?!! Why use a standard that only exist because of the need
to connect many different implementations of clients to many different
implementations of servers?
You will be much more secure if you encode your data, with your own
method, using a much more powerful encrypt algorithm than the used by
SSL. And you even get ride of third-party code, such as the OpenSSL DLLs.
--

I Insist because I have no other options because I don't have knowledge of doing it in the other way.
Is that clear enough for you?