Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2011 10:34 PM
To: ICS support mailing
Subject: Re: [twsocket] Error with SSLWSocketClient

Arno Garrels wrote:

With OpenSSL it's easy to generate a CRL and to include its weblink
in self created certificates. If you will use commercial SSL server
certificates you do not have to worry about CRLs.

Well that's true, however currently ICS lacks the CRL-feature. It does neither include local CRLs in the certificate verification process nor follow external CRL-links in certificates. This is a security leak, however not just in ICS. I'm
not aware of any Delphi SSL-Component suite that handles CRLs correctly,
one should know that if high security matters.