> Filezilla seems to handle with a no response timeout, followed by a
> query, some times even a  reconnect, to check if the file is
> effectively there, and with the correct size.

Similar features are the benefit of using the TMagFtp high level
component.   It also checks the correct sized file has been uploaded,
will do a CRC32 or MD5 check to ensure it's not been corrupted, and  will
repeat the upload if necessary.

But I'm not aware TMagFtp specifically handles a missing response, unless
by accident!  Most servers will timeout the control connection anyway
once activity ceases that could cause TMagFtp to close everything down.
Without having seen any proper FTP logs for this bad server, this is all
conjecture.

Angus