> My code just does putAsync and waits for the ftpPutAsync event.
> I don't know exactly how the xferdemo3w does it

You have all the source code for TMagFtp, so you can easily check.  There
are probably two main differences:

1 - TMagFtp uses the sync FTP calls and WaitUntilReady, so check that
function for special handling.

2 - The component has been developed and tested over several years and so
is very solid with a lot of special error handling to make it very stable.

One caution, xferdemo3w uses a 'special' widestring version of ICS v8
that works with Delphi 2007, to use the unchanged ICS version test
against xferdemo3 which is pure ICS.

Angus