Hi Howard,

If you're sending through gmail then the IP address is not an issue - it only becomes an issue if you are sending directly to the recipients' mail servers.

I only point it out because I have encountered these same problems while implementing a solution (using ICS) to send over 10,000 subscribed e-mails per day ;-)

However, just to clarify what I meant, imagine that you write an application which sends directly to the recipients' mail servers, and you run this on your desktop machine at home or at an office. Also, let's assume that the sender's e-mail address is some...@example.com.

For each e-mail sent, the receiving mail server could (and many seem to) check the sending IP address against the list of MX (Mail eXchange) records for the domain of the sender. If it doesn't find a match, then the message is rejected or put into the recipient's spam folder (depending on the mail server).

For 550 e-mails three times a month it might be easier to use gmail, but this is probably something you need to consider when/if the list grows or the number of e-mails per month increases.

Regards,

Bevan