> I have 2 ftp components and both are logged into the server. The
> first just does a LIST command every 3 seconds. The second does
> the GET commands.
> After 198 GETs I receive and error 10054. I re-connect both ftp
> clients and after a further 198 GETs the same thing happens again.

So you have continuous open control channels, and do 198 SSL gets, each
will open and close a new data channel, with a new SSL negotiation and
session each time.

There are no known restrictions in ICS over number of SSL sessions that
can be opened, I've done thousands in a single thread.

However ICS does have various SSL session caching options, and
depending on which you are using that might be the issue.  Never really
looked closely at session caching, it just seems to work.

So most likely the FTP server SSL implementation is bad.  Have you
tried downloading 250 files using FileZilla and SSL?  Should replicate
what your application is doing.

I would say long idle FTP sessions are not a good idea, servers like to
timeout long sessions and are not usually tested for long idle periods.
So having your application periodically log-off and on again may help
long term, you'll need that anyway to cope with bad internet
connections.

Angus