Hi again,

Here is a situation update. I got the thing working, but with an ugly code hack. I need to transform that into a nice TS property :-)

I have been investigating into sr_feuser_register. In particular I am printing some stuff from inside tx_srfeuserregister_data::evalValues() and I am puzzled. The method gets a list of the required fields, which contains all the fields I defined in my TS setup plus "username". Where is "username" coming from? I need to investigate further.

After that first checks, evalValues() goes on to check the password which is not displayed in my form. Quite obviously it chokes on it... Apparently all fields defined in plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.evalValues are checked, no matter whether they appear in the form or no. If I empty this property, evalValues() then just complains about the missing "username" field.

All this seems to point to some flaw in the validation process. I will investigate further.

The "username" field is forcefully added to the list of fields when the table is "fe_users". This happens in with the following lines:

$this->conf[$cmdKey.'.']['fields'] = implode(',', array_unique (t3lib_div::trimExplode(',', $this->conf[$cmdKey.'.']['fields'] . ',username', 1))); $this->conf[$cmdKey.'.']['required'] = implode(',', array_unique (t3lib_div::trimExplode(',', $this->conf[$cmdKey.'.']['required'] . ',username', 1)));

Commenting out these two lines takes care of the problem, but is of course not a good solution. It seems it would be worth introducing a property such as plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.edit.doNotEnforceUsername to bypass this piece of code.

About the password error, as said before it goes away just by removing the password conditions in plugin.tx_srfeuserregister_pi1.edit.evalValues. It's funny because the other conditions don't seem to interfere when the relevant field is not present in the form, but the conditions on password do, so there must be something wrong with the test, but I haven't taken the time to check what.

I will work on the additional TS property described above and submit a patch via the bugtracker when ready.

Cheers and thanks to all those who helped.

François Suter

--
Cobweb Development Sàrl
www.cobweb.ch

Rue Eugène-Marziano 15, CH-1227 Les Acacias (Geneva - Switzerland)
T: +41 22 880 00 93, F: +41 22 880 00 94, E: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web solutions for professionnal requirements




_______________________________________________
TYPO3-english mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.netfielders.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-english

Reply via email to