Hi Alessandro,

forgive me for this comment .... but.... I believe that the "senior" users of
TYPO3 can ignore this issue or find another way to download the required manuals;
otherwise,  new users or administrators get some trouble from this.
Maybe they do not have a good perception about the potentiality of TYPO3,
because this, at first sight, results as a mess.

You're right, but this thread actually covered two things. The first one was about wrong links to manuals, which are - of course - not good but are a rather technical issue in the end.

The second issue - raised later - is about how to find information at all on certain topics. There's no denying that the situation is far from optimal. From my point of view it is essentially due to the fact that TYPO3 CMS is a very complex system which requires a lot of documentation, but the Documentation Team has been understaffed for years. Maybe we should think about requesting budget for a full time technical writer, since voluntary efforts are obviously insufficient.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter

Work: Cobweb Development Sarl - http://www.cobweb.ch