Am 04.04.2013 11:17, schrieb Albert ARIBAUD:
Hi Thomas,

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 10:18:15 +0200, Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazz...@free-electrons.com> wrote:

On Marvell hardware, you can send a different U-Boot using the serial
port, even if the on-flash U-Boot is broken. Have a look at
tools/kwboot.c in the mainline U-Boot sources. It uses the serial port
to send using the Xmodem protocol, a new U-Boot payload to the Kirkwood
SoC.

mh, there is no kwb* (or kw?b*) neither in the netgear sources nor in stock uboot-1.14

Depends on the SoC. I am the proud owner of a Wireless Space which, due
its Kirkwood SoC's revision, cannot recover through UART even though
kirkwoods normally can. Not to mention my ED Mini V2, which has orion,
with no UART recovery at all.

Also, UART recovery requires having a working U-boot image file. JPT, do
you have a working (pristine) U-Boot for your ReadyNAS, or can you get
one from Netgear?

I've got both, source and image.
The first thing I did was reading the ROM to disk :)
1,5M 2013-02-10 20:18 mtd0.uboot.img
128K 2013-02-10 20:18 mtd1.uboot-env.img
6,0M 2013-02-10 20:19 mtd2.kernel.img
2,2M 2013-02-10 20:19 mtd3.initrd.img
 89M 2013-02-10 20:17 mtd4.jffs2.img

There is a UART_boot_file.zip included in the source:
32000  2008-06-05 19:35   bb11223344556677_boot.bin

There are a lot of changes in the netgear uboot source.
I don't know where to start.
I cannot find your mail where you wrote about searching for something... o.O

Well, I think easiest would be to try loading the image through serial.
Should I start with this?
http://forum.doozan.com/read.php?3,4640,4640,quote=1

Thanks,

Jan