Hi Fabio,

I have not come any further yet in finding the real cause. For now, I just
tested with workarounds like lowering the ARP timeout and skipping the phy
reset (or only reset for the 1st transfer). Note that also the phy reset and
waiting for "link-up" takes about 2 seconds every time. I did not realise
earlier that it would take this long, but this is the part before the "TFTP
from server..." line is displayed and he transfer even starts.

To my opinion, resetting the phy and restarting auto-negotiation before each
transfer seems a bit overdone, especially if a number of transfers are started
in a row. But since the MAC is also halted and restarted, perhaps a freshly
started phy is recommended?

Up till now, I have not seen too many timeouts during a transfer. But for the
last weeks I've been testing mostly with smaller files and focused on the start
of the transfer.

Regards,

Ruud