Hi Quentin, Vasily,

On 2023/2/28 19:26, Quentin Schulz wrote:
Hi Vasily,

On 2/23/23 22:12, Vasily Khoruzhick wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 2:30 PM Chris Morgan <macroalph...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Chris Morgan <macromor...@hotmail.com>

Add gpio-ranges property to GPIO nodes so that the bank ID can
be correctly derived for each GPIO bank.

Should not it be merged into linux first? Otherwise it will be
overwritten during the next dts sync with linux.

Considering that Linux maintainers have just rejected this implementation, yes we should wait on it being merged before supporting it in U-Boot :)

There are still some drivers are different with kernel, eg. pinctrl&GPIO, and clock driver and etc, and kernel driver also changes.

Since the gpio bank support issue has been a period, I would like to take one version driver at least can fix it and make U-Boot work with new kernel dts

and new device. The U-Boot only use small set of the devices, so we want to have a small enough but enough for U-Boot version driver.

So I have take this patch set, and we can improve later when kernel have a version and we have a better solution for U-Boot.

Thanks,

- Kever

Cheers,
Quentin