On Tue, May 09, 2023 at 04:52:45PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:

Do we have some sort of global (?) state structure which exists during the whole work cycle of the tool ? If so, add a link list into there.

There is struct image_tool_params which is passed to the callbacks and holds most of the state. And in fact it is a global, but declared static in mkimage.c, without any accessor function.

If we really want to worry about the lifecycle of these dynamic allocations, then we'd probably need to add some kind of "cleanup" method to the API, and call it right before exiting from main().

I can do an example implementation, but there are 9 other image formats already in the tree, which also do dynamic allocation. I don't want to start touching each one of those, or I'll never get this RZ/N1 in...

Ralph