Hi,

> Am 17.01.2024 um 16:23 schrieb Ivan T. Ivanov <iiva...@suse.de>:
>
>> That’s in fact exactly what I was also trying in addition to get u-boot
>> running with your patches in my own buildroot-based environment. So I was
>> also exactly using this Tumbleweed rpi4 image and simply replaced the
>> u-boot.bin file with my own build version which I built with your patches
>> applied and using the rpi_arm64_defconfig as the build config. However,
>> there is still no output on any of the HDMI ports. Haven’t tried to see if
>> there is any serial output on the special UART debug port of the rpi5.
>> Should there be any output at all?
>
> Unfortunately on RPi5 they moved UART debug port to
> separate connector [1], [2].

I know. In fact, I already have such a rpi debug probe [1] at my desk.
Nevertheless, haven’t tried to fire up the rpi5 with your u-boot.bin to see if
anything sensible comes up at that special UART debug port which could explain
the stalling and no HDMI output I saw here last time I checked.

> Let me update my Tumbleweed image and check again.

Thx. Can you perhaps also elaborate on your build environment for that
particular u-boot.bin build? Or perhaps put a binary of it somewhere so that I
could check if it works with your u-boot.bin build.

> Just to reiterate that if not properly syncing
> content to uSD card could have strange side effects.

I am aware of these kind of issues. But in fact, I am quite sure I synced all
content properly to the microSD card.

Best Regards,

Jens

[1] https://www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/microcontrollers/debug-probe.html