Hi,

> On 17 Jan 2024, at 17:30, Jens Maus <m...@jens-maus.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Am 17.01.2024 um 16:23 schrieb Ivan T. Ivanov <iiva...@suse.de>:
>>
>>> That’s in fact exactly what I was also trying in addition to get u-boot
>>> running with your patches in my own buildroot-based environment. So I was
>>> also exactly using this Tumbleweed rpi4 image and simply replaced the
>>> u-boot.bin file with my own build version which I built with your patches
>>> applied and using the rpi_arm64_defconfig as the build config. However,
>>> there is still no output on any of the HDMI ports. Haven’t tried to see if
>>> there is any serial output on the special UART debug port of the rpi5.
>>> Should there be any output at all?
>>
>> Unfortunately on RPi5 they moved UART debug port to
>> separate connector [1], [2].
>
> I know. In fact, I already have such a rpi debug probe [1] at my desk.
> Nevertheless, haven’t tried to fire up the rpi5 with your u-boot.bin to see
> if anything sensible comes up at that special UART debug port which could
> explain the stalling and no HDMI output I saw here last time I checked.
>
>> Let me update my Tumbleweed image and check again.
>
> Thx. Can you perhaps also elaborate on your build environment for that
> particular u-boot.bin build? Or perhaps put a binary of it somewhere so that
> I could check if it works with your u-boot.bin build.

I have aarch64 based machine at hand running openSUSE,
thus I am building U-boot “natively”, no cross-compiling.

$ make rpi_arm64_defconfig
$ make

I just dumped latest Tumbleweed[1] to uSD card and copied
u-boot.bin to EFI. I can see the HDMI output.

One thing which I forgot to mention is that once I see
Grub2 prompt I change console parameter from ttyS0 to ttyAMA0
and usually add “ignore_loglevel earlycon”.

Regards,
Ivan

[1] b66d5fa70e5cab998bc6000737015746c636e4b622397b407225b9de73f4a9be
openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-XFCE-raspberrypi.aarch64.raw.xz