On 10/04/2012 02:36:34 AM, Stefan Roese wrote:
On 10/02/2012 10:08 PM, Scott Wood wrote:

>>> At what point does the image get cache-flushed?
>>
>> Not at all right now. MPC5200 has dcache disabled, at least in the
>> SPL.
>> Other PowerPC architectures might add a cache flush here if needed at
>> some time. Okay?
>
> Or they might forget to do so and have weird bugs.
>
> Why not just call flush_cache() on the image now? Non-SPL does this in
> common code, not even PPC-specific.

Okay, probably better to add this code now. But shouldn't we add this
code to the common SPL framework code then? Right before calling
jump_to_image_linux()?

Sure, I didn't mean it should go here (it needs to be somewhere that knows the image start/end, not just the entry point). This is just the patch that prompted me to ask the question.

-Scott