In a message dated 02/06/2004 14:00:01 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]  writes:

I am a  bit tired of those &FILES& we still have in universe,
and i wonder  if its safe to rename them and change the voc entry for  them??

ie:  &SAVEDLISTS&

renaming the directory to  SL and just change item 2 & 3 in VOC entry  for
&SAVEDLISTS&

Is there a sensible explanation for  using such hostile names for directories
in a filesystem  ??

Why don't you just create synonyms more to your liking with SET-FILE /
SETFILE

Regards

Malcolm Bull

If  you have difficulty reaching me at AOL, please  try

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])

Remember  our websites:

+ Books & & MB-Master Self-Tuition courses  for users of Pick & MultiValue
systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/index.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/index.html)

+  This is ... series of books for users of Pick & MultiValue  systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/thisis.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/index.html)

+  PDF versions of our Books & MB-Master Self-Tuition courses for  users of
Pick & MultiValue systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/pdf.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/pdf.html)

+  MB-Cyclopfdia for users of Pick & MultiValue  systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtpublish/index.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtpublish/index.html)

+  MB-OnLine Publications for users of Pick & MultiValue  systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtexts/index.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtexts/index.html)

+  Our SB+ Reference Pages:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtpublish/sbplus.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtpublish/sbplus.html)

+  Our This is ... series of Books for users of Pick & MultiValue  systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/thisis.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/thisis.html)

+  The general Directory to our Training & Consultancy  services:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/directry.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/directry.html)

+  Our series of MB-Master Self-Tuition Courses for users of Pick &
MultiValue systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/mbslist.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/mbslist.html)

+  Our series of MB-Reference Quick Reference Cards for users of Pick &
MultiValue systems:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/mbqlist.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/mbslist.html)

+  Request a No-Obligations Quotation for our Training Products &
Publications:

_http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/proform.html_
(http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/mbtraining/proform.html)