-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Wolverton
Sent: 28 July 2004 16:40
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [U2] UniVerse and 1GB Ethernet Cards...

Well - we installed a Dell 2650 with a BroadCom card, and the vendor
says
some of the sporadic issues we are having are because of the Gigabit
ethernet card...

So I'd like to post my particulars, and see if anyone running this card
has
settings that vary from mine:

Dell 2650 withBroadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet.
UniVerse 10 - Win2K Server
Upgraded the Broadcom driver from 7.40 to 7.43, now dated 3/29/04
(b57w2k.sys)

Here are the Advanced Tab settings for the device:
802.1p QOS - Disable
Checksum Offload - - Tx TCP/IP Checksum
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Enable
Flow Control - Auto
Jumpt MTU - 1500
Locally Administered Address - Not Present
Speed and Duplex - 100 MB Full (was set to Auto - changed to 100/Full,
no
difference)
Wake up Capability - Both
WOL Speed - Auto

Of course, this is really annoying because the vendor is saying 'we told
you
so' but we've heard from everyone there (including IBM!) that the issues
are
gone if the drivers are updated. WE don't know where the issue lies - it
only appears in one section of the vendor's product - it's not pervasive
or
difficult to replicate -

David W>