David,

The history of ODBC and OleDB on U2 shows what a bad idea that is.

Frankly, accessing U2 using relational methods is pretty much a waste of
time - certainly a huge waste of resources as it tries to map between two
totally different data access models. UniObjects is fast, lean and performs
using the native model that U2 best understands: ODBC and OleDB (unless you
get the nasty CALL or NATIVE syntax working) are top heavy and cludgy when
applied to MV databases. Different concepts.

So I for one am glad that UniObjects.NET does not try to become an ADO.NET
provider but keeps to the best way to talk to these databases. I have no
objections to seeing a *different* provider for ADO.NET - but let's leave it
out of UniObjects.

Perhaps I'm just too cynical but I've been burned enough times by the MS
strategic data visions. ADO.NET may be the latest flavour of the month, but
that doesn't mean it is any good. Look at its history - a dozen different
failed data access strategies from Microsoft each one touted as the next
Best Thing and the answer to all out data access dreams, wedded with the
worst aspects of the even more woeful Borland strategies.

Ok I'm ranting. Must be Monday morning.

Brian