Why dont you do a basic program with the UDTEXECUTE capturing all output
and display the output to the screen. Then read the record in the phantom
(_PH_) file and see what the problem is.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Doyen Klein
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 8:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Cannot access list ML_3516_1 Unidata phantom (MERGE.LIST)

Question: what is the setup for the phantom environment to make the program
work the same way it does from tcl? I've looked a several UDT.OPTIONS but
can't seem to uncover the secret key.

WinNT, Unidata a Paragraph (PH) works fine from tcl, but when executed by a
phantom'd basic program the merge.list command within the paragraph seems to
fail with the message 'Can not access list ML3516_1.'

The output from the _ph_ file when it fails.

169 key(s) saved to 1 record(s)
163 records retrieved to list 1
169 records retrieved to list 2
Can not access list ML3516_1.
The environment is 'p', but the program uses UDTEXECUTE "PARTSLISTS" and
UDTEXECUTE "GET.LIST DIFFLIST"

The second pass, all the selects seem to fail and come up with 0 records
selected.

Notes: WinNT, Unidata, "P" environment

The program works fine when run from tcl, but not when phantomed.
The login checks the @USER.TYPE and bypasses any login setup info.
The program has $BASICTYPE "u", and does a UDTEXECUTE 'ECLTYPE "U"' as well
The paragraph contains ECLTYPE "U" as the first line.

The paragraph which works fine from tcl or udtexecute a program run from
tcl.

001: PA
002: ECLTYPE "U"
003: BASICTYPE "U"
004: SSELECT ITMMST
005: SAVE.LIST NEWPARTS
006: GET.LIST OLDPARTS TO 1
007: GET.LIST NEWPARTS TO 2
008: MERGE.LIST 2 DIFF 1
009: SAVE.LIST DIFFPARTS
010: GET.LIST NEWPARTS
011: SAVE.LIST OLDPARTS

Clue: I have also been getting a strange
stat ITMMST message and open fails when I try to open a file the second
time, even though I closed it. Currently doings an OPEN "","ITMMST" READONLY
TO PFILE