From: kafsat taiyus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2004 10:00 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: [U2] Index problem

We have one Unidata 5.1 data file with a virtual attribute. The virtual
dictionary calls a Unibasic subroutine and returns a single value data from
a multi value attribute from within the same file.

We have an index on the virtual attribute.  When new records are added to
the file Unidata does not update the index on the virtual attribute.

After adding new records that returns XXX for the virtual attribute the
command LIST FILE_NAME WITH VIRTUAL_ATT = "XXX" does not return any record.

But the command LIST FILE_NAME NO.INDEX WITH VIRTUAL_ATT = "XXX" finds the
record.

The command LIST FILE_NAME WITH VIRTUAL_ATT = "XXX" works only after
rebuilding the index using REBUILD.INDEX command.

Do you know why is it happening and how to fix it?

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards
Kafsat

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the person or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not disclose, store, copy or take any action
in reliance on it or them. If you have received this message in error,
please tell us by reply email (or telephone + 61 (0) 3 9274 9100) and delete
all copies on your system. Any opinion, advice or information in this email
is not necessarily that of the owners or officers of this company. Please
advise us immediately if you or your employer do not consent to email for
messages of this type.

Retail Decisions has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any
attachment to this email has been swept for viruses. However, we cannot
accept any liability for any damage sustained as a result of software
viruses, and would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before
opening any attachment. Please note that communications sent by or to any
person through our computer system may be viewed by other Retail Decisions
employees or officers strictly in accordance with law.