David,
What I do is subscribe to both the list and the digest. That way I can skim and delete the individual messages as they come in (from the list), still have all the content if I need it later (from the digest). To control bandwidth, I have them going to two different names, so I can opt to not pull the e-mail with the separate posts if I don't have time or speed to spare for it.
As moderator I can't delete-without-reading, but you could. I know it's not the answer you proposed, but I find it a workable solution.
What has me more curious is your comment about the online indexing being insufficient. What would you like to see done differently?

- Chuck "Info-glut" Barouch

Clifton Oliver wrote:

Full content. A lot of times watching how someone else is thinking is more instructive than what they are thinking.

For a problem, an answer is enough. To learn how to solve a class of problems, watching the process that more experienced (or even just different) techs go through is an education worth the noise on the channel.

IMO.

Clif

-- - Charles Barouch (718) 762-3884 x 1 - Key Ally Voice Mail cbarouch - Skype (Free VoIP Phone)

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]  - Consulting services
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     - News
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]     - U2-Users Moderator

    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    - Zeus Data Integration
    Mount Olympus, Home of Zeus Data Integration