What about an index on an I-DESC?  (Does universe do that?)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 5:03 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Double Indexes

I putzed around with correlative-based indexed fields and got a lot of
errmsg static. I'll try your suggestions.

I'm trying to use the system instead of maintain manual xref files. This
system is crammed full of 2M, 3M, 6Million record files and there is a
lot
of NUM1:NUM2 and NUM2:NUM1 (example) cross referencing done manually but
none for DATE/CUST.

I thought of creating a single Date/Cust xref file that could grab the
eventual 800 average keys and let the secondary process filter it down
the desired subset but again, weaving it into this scrappy application
(80%
TPH) would guarantee not being perfect.

Thanks.