Sorry, are you talking about U2 or D3?  I don't think I-Types work to well
on D3.

Mark:

I have done a lot of indexing on I-Type items.  I have had no problems with
the indexing, it just works, solid.

The thing you have to be careful of is indexing on translates.  Once you
think about it the problem becomes obvious.  The index update mechanism is
triggered by a write to the indexed file.  If you have a translate, the
indexed file does not get a write when the indexed value is updated in the
other file so the index becomes stale when the indexed value is updated. It
can work if the other file is a static code file and you remember to
re-index when ever you update that file, but it is dangerous.

I have never tried a correlative-based indexed field.  I stay away from
correlatives as much as possible.

Tom Dodds
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
630-235-2975