>Marc

>How do the programmers to customer support if they cannot look at the data
>in the production data-base?  It would be hard to research problems if you
>cannot look at live data.

>Steve

The thing that always cracks me up is that all one has to do in a U2/PICK
environment is to create q pointers to the main account from the test
account.  You can look and even modify without having access to that account
unless it is locked down by logon at the OS level, which I have yet to find
and as a consultant I have worked on several 'sox compliant' boxes.

You can even compile a program in the test account, and then copy that to
the main account via q pointers as long as you copy the voc pointer as well.
You have to be sure you get the right path for the object code, but that's a
piece of cake, and then the sox auditors would have absolutely no way of
finding out who did what if you just delete the q pointers when you're done.

Not that I would do such a thing (because I get paid by the hour and the
more complicated the procedure the longer it takes), but it is possible.

fwiw,

Allen E. Elwood www.tortillafc.com