The best reason I know of to save SAVE.LISTs is to have a record of the data
selected for a particular report or download (such as to SQL) so if there
are any questions, the selected records can be easily re-selected &
verified.

I usually name the SAVE.LIST the same as my program, with a month and year
suffix, such as "SIMULATOR.REVENUE.BUILD.2006.02" so I can easily identify
both the program and the period in question.

If the &SAVELIST& file is getting too full, it would be easy enough to have
a separate directory like SAVE.HIST and a simple routine to get
SAVE.LISTsfrom the history file.

-- Louie Bergsagel