Hi Debbie,

> I also remember being able to run a full set of Account File Stats and
> utilzing the Account Save/Restore to resize the files if I found more than
> 70% of the files hitting GRP100.

Beware!! The display produced by ACCOUNT.FILE.STATS is wrong!

The column headed "> 100%" is actually the number of groups over 75% full
because it includes the GRP100 value which is groups up to 100% full. For
best performance, you actually usually want your files to have most groups
tightly packed but not overflowed, i.e. in the GRP100 figure.

I have been explaining the anomoly (and its equivalent in FILE.STAT) for
many years when teaching UniVerse courses. It would be nice to see it fixed
one day.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200