So, based on all of that I get the feeling that:

1) Microsoft is not going to remove the 'read-only' aspects of important DOM
elements that everyone has been complaining about and that every other
browser supports.

2) The market still won't admit that web browsers have a _lot_ of
limitations when implemented as user interfaces. Instead, it's best to keep
re-molding the same technologies until enough people put it into commercial
products. Then it can be called a "mainstream" technology and the market can
be changed by direct force.

Gah. I'm totally sick of web development. Just building a navigation
structure that won't break in situation "Z" is a total PITA these days. And
NOooo, you can't have just a "plain-jane" text-based web site anymore. It
has to be "intuitive" and "visually appealing". Whatever happen to plain
`ole cross-the-board-functionality? I guess the good `ole days went out when
the browser wars started. :/

Glen