I'm looking for something more like a photographic copy stand.
no moving parts. you put the document under it, and it does
an image scan. I don't really need the OCR abilities.

<http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=93618&Sku=A46-4040>

but the above looks like it only passes video. I guess a screen
capture might work...but it would be great if it also did .jpg

George