Bruce Nichol wrote:
> How many now know to "Reply All" if they want a moment of fame on the
list?

And this is another point.  An announcement was made to the list, there was
a hullabaloo for a few days and then it blew over.  How many people missed
that thread and don't know the secret handshake to send mail to this forum?
How many people have tried to post a reponse, had a bounce or other
interaction with some other forum member and just decided to not post?  I
can find no mention of "How to Reply to Forum Mail" with new instructions
on the U2UG site.  A new subscriber attempting a reply may conclude the
list simply doesn't work.  Is it expected that everyone will e-mail their
confusion to the moderators?  Welcome to real business: dis-satisfied or
confused clients are more likely to walk away than complain or petition for
change.

Sure, I had issues up front, but I quickly adapt to change, so I really
don't care what the policy is, and that's typical of anyone we see posting
here.  It's the people who aren't posting that you should be concerned
about.  When there is a policy that requires special action to do a common
function, instructions should be easily available and quite clear.

Suggestions:
1) Append this text to the footer applied to forum posts after the URL:
"See that page for information about posting and unsubscribing"
I'd say just bring the footer down to one line but I'm sure there are
people using the footer for filtering, so it's probably not a good idea to
change it.
2) Put documentation about how to reply on the http://listserver.u2ug.org/
page.
3) Put a clear link to that documentation on the "Email Lists" page
accessible from the u2ug.org home page.

Way over my 2 cents, sorry.