Don't go there. I think this was discussed many times and the consensus was no. I personally hate, is hate too strong a word, having to go to a group site to find out what is going on. Most of the people on this list work for a living and don't have the time to search out answering questions for free but if it comes into their mailbox and they've got the time they may give a hand.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Preece" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 3:50 AM
Subject: RE: [U2] Changes to the List

I've been holding back from putting this question, in the hope that the initiative might come from within U2UG, but it seems high time...

What do people think of the idea of moving this list to a google group instead?

We'd lose nothing btw - in that we could all send and receive emails to/from the list - or post and read messages online without any emails, and we'd have access to recent posts and, in time, archives, in the same way as for a news group.

How many of you have not used a google group or a usenet group with a google interface?

Of those that are familiar with google groups - is there anything this list provides that they don't?

Maybe someone at U2UG could put a survey up on the U2UG web-site to get some numbers for responses to these and similar questions.

Mike.