-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Taylor
Sent: Saturday, April 22, 2006 12:31 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Importing Data from Universe into Excel

One of my customers is interested in extracting data from Universe into
Excel
by himself without having to have a program written for each import to
Excel.

If he learns the names of the files and their dictionaries, and which
attributes are multi-valued, or even sub-valued, (and of course Excel),
what
strategies are available to him - eg. SQL commands, a macro in Excel, Web
Services (next rel. of Universe), some reporting product designed to import
data from Universe, etc.?

The customer is considering a server upgrade using XP Pro, and I'm trying to
talk him into W2003, so any  strategies that would require IIS or something
else that W2003 includes that is not offered by XP Pro will strengthen my
argument.

I am scheduled to discuss this with the customer again Monday morning about
10:00 AM Pacific Time, so any thoughts you can provide will be greatly
appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dave

Dave Taylor
President
Sysmark Information Systems, Inc.
49 Aspen Way
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
800-SYSMARK (800-797-6275)
(O) 310-544-1974
(C) 310-561-5200
(P) 800-339-1497
(F) 310-377-3550
Your Source for Integrated EDI Translation and DataSync Integration
www.sysmarkinfo.com