Dave,

You may want to consider our web reporting tool Informer which allows for
download to excel, pdf, and other formats.  With Informer you get access to
files and dictionaries via a meta file which can present the selection and
output options to the end user in a friendly, easy to use fashion.

This approach also allows for security to be applied down to the field level
based on user roles.  It also allows you to link your files together to
get data from multiple files at once.

The web interface uses uniObjects for java for fast database connection,
eliminating the need for ODBC setup.

Give us a call at 919-848-4828 or visit us at www.entrinsik.com for more
information.

Brian Jackson
Entrinsik, Inc.

>One of my customers is interested in extracting data from Universe into
Excel
>by himself without having to have a program written for each import to
Excel.