From: Adrian Merrall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 31 October 2006 10:16 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] ODBC connections

> Also on your Universe on HPUX via odbc you will need an HPUX driver
> either
> 32 or 64 bit. You can get this from http://www.easysoft.com

I think from reading the OP Paul needs a Linux ODBC client that can
speak to Universe on HPUX.

If IBM only provide a windows based odbc client for Universe then he
might have a problem here.  A solution may be to use the JDBC driver
provided by IBM as Janet suggested but use a odbc-jdbc bridge so the
Oracle client can use ODBC.  A quick google shows one from easysoft and
one from Sun as part of the java stack.

Plan B is to talk directly to the Universe jdbc driver of course but if
you are going to be writing java code then consensus on the list is
usually to use uniobjects directly.

HTH
Adrian