I don't know how 'aggressive' strategy 7 needed to be in oder to secure
access to the knowledge base..

I took one phone call to them after I was booted from IBM because S7 held
the license, and I was on in no time flat

If a VAR is going to make excuses and deny access, its time to review when
the contract renewal date is

It's not the Knowledge Base that pisses me off -- it the hoops between
Developer Works AND Knowledge Base.  There should be a smooth flow between
the two, 1 access to both or tiered based on rights.  Also the fact that IBM
can't get the website from losing your login, and forcing re-entry of login
info is annoying.  Forget it if you hold licenses for multiple systems --
that REALLY confuses them....(especially if one was direct)

Opening access reduces support calls, and I don't know any support staff
that truly welcomes being inundated with calls when you can RTFM or review
online references to get an answer.  Except if the VAR wants to boost call
response numbers by barring access, then it's a bogus water mark.

Debra A. Fedchin
H: 732.698.0499
C: 732.233.3088
www.infinite-systems.net

"Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm".
-Syrus Publilius