Ray

I have used UO.NET for WinForms development and found it to be fast and
stable : just as its predecessor (UniObjects) has always been. I used
UniObject (uvObjects) since it first came out for all kinds of "heavy data"
applications - from 4GLs to reporting tools - and have never been
disappointed in it. It just works - that's always good to say! And for
transactional work it is quite simply the quickest route available.

But UO was designed for permanent, stateful connections: previously I and
other members of this list have written connection pools for stateless
environments where needed, before IBM added their own connection pooling
facility (and with it, the restriction not to use third party connection
pools as part of the product licencing).

The problem is that the UO native connection pooling required to run in a
stateless and multithreaded environment such as a service or ASP.NET
middleware is very new - connection pool licencing is a new feature in
UniVerse 10.2 - and so I doubt you will find that anyone has had a chance to
really prove that part of it yet.

Brian