Arnold

Well spoken.
I think you will find everyone on this list is in agreement.

The difficulty is, that U2 is such a broad technology that giving a short
answer to a question is often impossible without referring to other knowledge
areas - and giving a long answer can be too much for someone to wade through.
And for someone trying to get to grips with the technology, the biggest barrier
is often knowing where to start.

So...

One of the priorities the U2U2 board has set itself this year is to build a
'Learner Pack' for new users: this will combine tutorials, examples, a standard
demonstration database, some useful tools, references to places they can get
help and beefing up the knowledge base.

And of course, if anyone on-list wishes to contribute to this effort please
contact me!

The knowledge base is currently located at:

http://www.mvopen.org/cms

which is the temporary home (though is seems set in stone at the moment) of the
new U2UG website.

We would really welcome ALL contributions, they don't need to be expert
contributions or Shakepearean commentaries!

Regards,

Brian