Hi Gabe,

Some quick thoughts:

The Internet has dramatically reduced the need for printed materials,
especially on fast-changing technical subjects. Even PC Magazine is a
fraction of its former size.

In the late '80s - early '90's (what I'd consider the heyday of Pick /
MV so far), there were several books in print. Someone posted this link
to Jonathan Sisk's Pick Publications Database not long ago:
www.jes.com/picklist.html

Many Pick / MV database installations are a "behind the scenes" part of
software packages, so end-users might not feel the need for reference
books.

Hopefully others can comment on the state of the MV market.

Regards,
Tom

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 05/10/07 11:30 AM >>>
Can I ask a silly question--why are there no MV books in bookstores in
print?

Anyone want to write one? ;-)

Is the MV market expanding, shrinking, or staying stagnant?  Does IBM
plan
to really start promoting U2 or is it just something they acquired to
get a
few large customers?  Anybody?

Gabe