Jon,
The fact that you can get things to work as root, but not as other users,
sounds like a permissions problem somewhere out in unix.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jon Wells
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:10 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [U2] Can't get current working directory. ?

Hi all,

Earlier this week I set out to replace a test account with a fresh
copy of the live account (Unidata 6.1 on AIX 5.1).  The Live account
had grown more then I had anticipated and I found myself with a
max'ed out "/test" file system.  While preparing to restore from
tape, we found we had a bad disc.  We had another disc from a
decommissioned box, created a new /test file system, and restored
from tape there.  The problem is I can not get to the colon prompt
unless I'm logged in as root.  I tried stripping the LOGIN paragraph
down to just a couple of UDT.OPTIONS commands along with a DISPLAY
statement so I can tell if the LOGIN paragraph was even run.

464
datatel>udt
--------------------------------
/test/coltest

Can't get current working directory.

It did not run the LOGIN paragraph???

We're not sure what else to look at.  The system was rebooted this
morning.  The startud logs look fine.  Looks like all permissions
were preserved.

Any suggestions?

*-----------------------------------------------------------*
                         Jon Wells
Database Administrator                         Beloit College
Information Technology Services             Beloit, Wisconsin
608-363-2290        [EMAIL PROTECTED]       608-363-2100(fax)

it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material not
intended for Public use.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the
intended recipient is
strictly prohibited. If you received this communication in error, please notify
the sender and delete the material from any and all computers or devices.