Just checked our records. After the restore and before we started mussing with permissions, a ls -l screen shot showed /test was @ 755, sys, sys which is what we see for the currently working just fine /live directory. Is there a difference between '/test' the directory and '/test' the mount point?

I believe test was @ 770 when we started looking at permissions :-/ .

                          Jon Wells
Database Administrator                         Beloit College
Information Services & Resources            Beloit, Wisconsin
608-363-2290        [EMAIL PROTECTED]       608-363-2100(fax)